Published: May 22nd, 2012
Knox High School Top Ten
The Knox High School Honor Day program was held Friday, May 18th.
Approximately $318,000 in scholarships were distributed to the graduating seniors. The Ben Bowen Award recipient was Elliott Coad, Hannah Folkers won the Bonnie Taylor Award and Shelby Gilbert and Logan Short were named winners of the Robert Hanselman Award. Some other notable scholarship winners were Sierra Brooke of the Roger Laramore Scholarship, Chelsea Whitcraft won the George W. Burkett Scholarship and Thomas Clem won the C. Slisher Scholarship.
Read the rest of this entry »
Published: January 8th, 2012
Elliott scored a game high 25 points to lead the Redskins to their 2nd consecutive win in a 53-43 overtime win over Jimtown. 15 of his 25 points came in the 3rd quarter where he scored 6 of those points in less than 10 seconds on back-to-back 3-point plays.
Published: December 4th, 2011
Boys Career Scoring Leaders: (Minimum 300 points)
- John Eckert-Sr. (NJ): 1,099
- Kendall Hochstedler-Sr. (NJ): 677
- Josh Anderson-Sr. (JG): 522
- Winston Yergler-Sr. (NJ): 479
- Bryan McKinney-Sr. (W): 403
- Elliott Coad-Sr. (K): 388
- Zach Shidler-Jr. (W): 333
- Spencer Dobson-Sr. (WC): 308
Published: December 4th, 2011
Boys Scoring Leaders: (Through 12-3-11)
(Stats as reported to www.etpearl.com)
- Winston Yergler (NJ): 22.5ppg-45 points (2 games)
- Kendall Hochstedler (NJ): 21.0ppg-42 points (2 games)
- Josh Anderson (JG): 19.0ppg-95 points (5 games)
- Trent Elliott (C): 17.2ppg-69 points (4 games)
- Marcus Kammrath (SC): 17.0ppg-34 points (2 games)
- Adam Clindaniel (SC): 15.5ppg-31 points (2 games)
- Dylan Short (K): 14.3ppg-43 points (3 games)
- John Eckert (NJ): 14.0ppg-28 points (2 games)
- Jimmy Rippe (L): 13.6ppg-41 points (3 games)
- Bryan McKinney (W): 13.5ppg-27 points (2 games)
- Elliott Coad (K): 13.3ppg-40 points (3 games)
- Riley Charlesworth (L): 12.6ppg-38 points (3 games)
- Allen Biggers (C): 12.2ppg-49 points (4 games)
- Zach Shidler (W): 12.0ppg-24 points (2 games)
- Jake Jones (OD): 10.6ppg-32 points (3 games)
- Collin Stevens (C): 10.0ppg-40 points (4 games)
- Mitch Fingerhut (NJ): 10ppg-20 points (2 games)
Career Coaching Records: (Through 12-3-11)
- Dan Warkentien (SC): 252-99 .718 (16 years)
- Todd Boldry (K): 190-105 .644 (14 years)
- Travis Hannah (JG): 137-136 .502 (13 years)
- Bryan Heimlich (WC): 103-79 .566 (9 years)
- Kyle Elliott (C): 33-36 .474 (4 years)
- Kyle Johnson (W): 13-12 .520 (2 years)
- Phil Shabi (NJ): 2-0 1.000 (1 year)
- Scot Spoljaric (L): 1-2 .333 (1 year)
- Matt Crawford (OD): 0-3 .000 (1 year)
Team Records: (Through 12-3-11)
- Culver: 4-0
- NJSP: 2-0
- South Central: 2-0
- Winamac: 1-1
- LaCrosse: 1-2
- John Glenn: 1-4
- Knox: 0-3
- Oregon-Davis: 0-3
- West Central: 0-4
Published: February 8th, 2011
Our Tyler Roth/WKVI Athlete of the Week for this week is Elliott Coad, a member of the Boys Basketball Team at Knox High School.
Elliott helped his team to their first win of the season in a tough road game at Tippecanoe Valley as he exploded for a career high 32 points in a 61-53 win over the Vikings.
The 6-1 Junior had scored a total of 21 points on the varsity level prior to this season and now is leading his team averaging 21 points in the first three games after scoring 11 in the season opening loss to North Judson and 20 against Morgan Township.
He was a member of the record-setting Men’s Tennis team last Fall and was also a part of the Regional-qualifying 4-by-400 relay team in track last Spring for the Redskins.
Elliott is the son of Nancy and Jim Elliott and will be featured on “Sports Talk with Nathan Welter” Thursday night on WKVI.
Congratulations to Elliott Coad of Knox High School, our Tyler Roth/WKVI Athlete of the Week.