Many require specific party affiliation, which is determined by the most recent primary election in which the individual voted or a letter of support from the party chairman. Currently seated board members may be given preference for a subsequent term.
Open positions are as follows:
- Starke Regular Drain Board (36-9-27) 2 Commissioner appointments
- Kankakee Iroquois Regional Plan Commission “K.I.R.P.C.” (IC 36-7-7) 2 Commissioner appointments
- Health Board (IC 16-20) 1 Commissioners Appointments (Physician) (D)
- North Judson-Wayne Township Library Board (36-12-2-7) 1 Commissioner appointment
- Aviation Board (IC 8-22) 1 Commissioner Appointment (D)
- Hospital Community Board 1 Commissioner Appointments (Physician) (D)
- Alcoholic Beverage Board (IC 7.1-2-4) 1 Commissioner appointment (R) and 1 Council appointment (D)
- P.T.A.B.O.A. Board – (IC 6-1.1-28-1) 2 Commissioner appointments (1D & 1R) and 1 Council appoint (D)
- Innkeepers Tax/Visitors Association Board – (IC 6-9-18) 4 Commissioner Appointments (all R)
- Community Corrections Board – (IC 11-12-2) Multiple Commissioner Appointments
- Starke County Building Corp. – 1 Commissioner appointment
- Starke County Park Board – (IC 36-10-3) 1 Commissioner appointment (R)
A complete list of Boards can be found on the Starke County web site at http://co.starke.in.us/ Submit letters of interest to the Starke County Commissioners, c/o the Starke County Auditor, 53 East Mound St., Knox, IN 46534. Submission deadline is the close of regular business hours on Dec. 23, 2015.