According to information released by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, 53-year-old Nancy Jendrasziewicz was occupying the home at the time of the incident.
Investigators believe there’s preliminary evidence to suggest a propane leak was the cause of the explosion at the home in the area of 2505 North and 1600 West. The incident is thought to have caused the structure of the home to be scattered across the property and collapse into the basement.
An autopsy was performed Monday morning in Tippecanoe County. Results indicate that Jendrasziewicz died of smoke inhalation.
A cadaver dog was used in the search for the victim’s body after the fire had been extinguished.
Emergency crews from around the area responded, taking several hours to control the blaze.