A second fund has been set up on the website GoFundMe.com to cover funeral expenses for the victims of a Friday house fire. Lucas Finn Fisher, 2, was pronounced dead of smoke inhalation at the scene of Friday morning’s blaze. Contributions for his funeral and burial expenses can be made at http://www.gofundme.com/littlelucas.
His grandmother, Linda Manns, died late Saturday night at a Fort Wayne hospital. A fund established to help cover her expenses was nearly halfway toward its goal as of this morning. Contributions can be made at http://www.gofundme.com/ih75no.
A joint funeral service for Fisher and Manns will take place Thursday, Dec. 12 at 1 p.m. CST at Braman & Son Memorial Chapel in Knox, with visitation from 11 a.m. until the time of the service.
Fire investigators believe the blaze started accidentally. They were called to the home in the area of 700 South and 300 East around 7:30 Friday morning. Manns’ husband, Carl, was injured trying to rescue her. He was also treated at a Fort Wayne hospital but was released Sunday.