Bass Lake Fire Deemed Accidental


A fire that started in a garage at Bass Lake that spread to a home Wednesday night was deemed accidental.

Bass Lake firefighters, with the assistance of the Washington Township Fire Department, put out the blaze at the scene on the south side of Bass Lake. Bass Lake Fire Chief Les Jensen told WKVI News that they were on the scene for about four hours. The Indiana State Fire Marshal was at the scene Friday to assess the damage and cause of the fire.

The garage was a total loss and the neighboring home suffered damage.

No injuries were reported.