Sunday’s house fire in downtown Knox left two single mothers and seven children homeless. The blaze at 7 N. Bower Street started in a second floor bedroom, according to Knox-Center Township Fire Chief Kenny Pfost, who believes an electrical heater is to blame. Nobody was injured, but the families were able to salvage very little. The Kid’s Closet Ministry at North Judson United Methodist Church has stepped in to offer assistance, and the St. Joseph County American Red Cross chapter is providing temporary shelter. An account has also been set up at First Farmer’s Bank and Trust in Knox and North Judson if anyone would like to make a monetary gift to the Sexton Family Fire Fund.