The presence of heroin in the area has resulted in a near-death experience for a LaPorte woman, as LaPorte police responded to a home in the 100 block of Stanton Street on Thursday for a possible drug overdose. Inside the home, police found a 30 year-old woman in the bathroom, lying against the tub, unconscious and turning blue. EMS arrived and were able to revive the woman.
Friends of the woman told police she had used heroin earlier and that they found her lying unconscious in the bathroom. They then called EMS and another friend.
The woman confirmed to EMS personnel that she had used heroin that night. She refused further medical treatment at the scene.