A Sunday morning house fire in Marshall County took the life of a 21-year-old Walkerton man, according to coroners Bill Cleavenger and Brigette Hite. The pair said Anthony Q. Johnson died in the house fire at 459 Alexander St. in Plymouth, and Plymouth firemen found Johnson inside the home toward the rear of the residence.
The body was taken to Fort Wayne later in the morning where an autopsy was conducted, and according to Cleavenger, preliminary results indicate Johnson died of smoke inhalation. Toxicology results are pending.
No one else was injured in the fire, officials say. The state fire marshal was at the scene along with the Plymouth Fire Department, EMS and police department. Cleavenger and Hite report that the agencies worked together in the case and the incident is still under investigation.
No cause of the fire has been determined at this time.