Today's News

Mexico Lindo Closed Temporarily Due to Electrical Fire

An electrical fire at Mexico Lindo in Knox has caused the business to close for the rest of the day. No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the business aside from possible smoke damage, but Knox-Center Township Fire Chief Ken Pfost told WKVI that the fire was caused by a faulty wire in the electrical panel shortly before noon today. He said the fire was extinguished by the time firefighters arrived at the scene.

An inspector is expected to arrive at the business this afternoon to check out the damage and ensure that the business is safe to reopen, but Pfost said it’s unlikely the business will reopen today.