The Plymouth Music Boosters will soon transform the Plymouth High School multipurpose gymnasium into a jazz nightclub for an evening, filled with great jazz music and dinner. The group announced they will be hosting their annual Cafe Jazz Festival on Saturday, May 18, with an admission cost of $10.
The cost of admission includes the concert and all dinner items, though soft drinks are sold separately. This year, the menu includes items like appetizers, salad bar, pasta bar with alfredo, meat, spicy Asian sauces, and desserts. There will also be a large silent auction running throughout the evening, giving audience members the chance to secretly bid on numerous items.
Bryan Ames, band director at PHS, said this is one of the largest Cafe Jazz Festival events that they have hosted, and he is sure the audience will enjoy hearing the amazing jazz programs.
Tickets are available at Door 5 at PHS starting at 5:30 p.m. Approximately 300 seats are still available, but space is limited; buy your tickets ahead of time!
Performances times for jazz ensembles are as follows:
- 6:20 – Plymouth H.S. Jazz Orchestra
- 6:40 – Knox M.S. “Hatchet Jazz Ensemble”
- 7:00 – John Adams H.S. Jazz Ensemble #2
- 7:20 – Knox H.S. “Tomahawk Jazz Ensemble” #2
- 7:40 – Plymouth H.S. Jazz Ensemble
- 8:00 – John Adams H.S. Jazz Ensemble #1
- 8:20 – Knox H.S. “Tomahawk Jazz Ensemble” #1
- 8:40 – Culver Military Academy Jazz Ensemble
- 9:00 – Clay H.S. Jazz Ensemble
- 9:20 – John Glenn H.S. Jazz Ensemble
- 9:40 – Award Ceremony