Officials Complete Plymouth House Fire Investigation


Wednesday’s fire that destroyed a home on Pretty Lake Road in Plymouth owned by two doctors was caused by an electrical malfunction. Plymouth Fire Chief Rod Miller says the fire started in a basement storage room at Doctors Jeff and Jan Anthony Starr’s home. The residence was unoccupied at the time. Firefighters from numerous departments spent several hours bringing the blaze under control. The Plymouth Fire Department, state fire marshal’s office and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms completed the fire investigation. Monetary loss of the building and its contents is estimated at $1.1 million.